Simultaneous reading and quality classification
OtmetkaID© is a pre-programmed marking system of known algorithms (hexadecimal) that is read using standard cameras or smartphones. Once the code is stamped on the log, it can also be read with camera technology or line laser technology in 3D.
In collaboration with our partners, OTMETKA has now developed algorithms for quality classing that are executed while the system reads the OtmetkaID. We also offer touch-free technology for measuring the tree in the harvesting unit, which enables supplementary biometric analyses to occur as early as at the time the forest is harvested. This generates valuable additional data that can be linked to the OtmetkaID.
Improved analysis plus biometrics
Using the system, the information created in the sawmill can be effectively linked with the right log all the way back to the stump where the tree was harvested. The combination of biometric analyses and the OtmetkaID system provides increased opportunities to perform stable data analysis to analyze log data with automatic rating methods.
1. Cameras that record different spectral wavelength bands reveal different wood properties. With fixed reference markings, a log stamped with OtmetkaID (not shown), geometric calculations are easily guaranteed from the image such as the percentage of core wood (image to the right). OTMETKA’s image information system – LogVision – is an additional feature for OtmetkaID to be available in two versions: LogVision Sawmill and LogVision Forest for the harvester.
2. Wood is a living material with individual shapes, colors and other wood characteristics such as occurrence of annular rings, cracks and twigs. During timber handling and storage, repeated readability with camera deteriorates due to color changes, fungal attacks, cracks, clay, snow, and more.
3. OtmetkaID mimics biometric principles, where the stamped code has a predetermined geometry, which can be read with a modified barcode reader ("blipped") or more advanced even with image technology. Modern imaging systems like X-ray can also read the stamp of the log.
4. Valuable biometric data of the log, is determined at the same time as OtmetkaID is read, which makes the entire system very stable.
5. With image analysis technology, vital features of the log can be revealed, calculated and easily added to OtmetkaID’s robust marking system.